Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Love of the week": Cetaphil Cream

If you have dry and sensitive skin like me, and are looking for a non-greasy, fragrance-free, basic moisturizer, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is an excellent product.

I use it to moisturize my face, hands, feet, elbows and knees—anywhere that requires intensive moisturizing. Dermatologists have been recommending Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream to help alleviate dry skin associated with eczema and psoriasis for over 20 years.

The cream is rich and thick, and super-emollient. After I wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser, I apply about a dime size of the cream to my face. It spreads and absorbs wonderfully and my skin is immediately silky-smooth. By morning it gets rid of dry skin on my face and body.

How much does it cost? It retails for $13.49 at CVS.com. CVS also has their version of this cream, that retails for $10.49. The CVS one is called "CVS Moisturizing Cream Dry Sensitive Skin". The ingredients are similar, but in my humble opinion, I would spend a bit more and get Cetaphil's formula.



Ingredients: Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

What is your favorite moisturizer? Have you use the Cetaphil cream? If yes, did you like it?

4 comments:

  1. I use the WalMart brand version of this, and I love it! It's very moisturizing, perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the large tub. It'a non-offensive and does the job. I haven't used it for a while though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many ppl love this and yet, I have never tried it at all. I guess I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VexInTheCity - I know the tub is HUGEEEEEE, it should last me for a couple of years..lol

    The Mighty J - def. give it a shot, specially if you have dry skin.

    ReplyDelete