Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Foundation review, Part 1

I have tried some new foundation products in the last month or so, and here are my thoughts on them

[1] CoverFX Natural FX Water Based Foundation SPF 15 - M60 Cafe au Lait. The coverage is buildable, and the finish looks really natural. The shade M60 was an exact match!

[2] CoverFX Powder FX Mineral Powder Foundation - M60 Cafe au Lait. While this is a powder foundation and for some the coverage it provide may be enough, for me I used it to set the CoverFX liquid foundation. Both when used together result in a flawless skin!! I was amazed.

The only problem is that they made my face rather dry and I got these dry patches around my nose. I *think* this was due to the foundation since I was not trying anything new.

[3] Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Almond and Tan. Almond was slightly ashy around my mouth where the skin is a bit darker than the rest of my face. But on my cheeks etc. Almond matched really well. Tan was perfect arounf the mouth area. But over all the coverage was really minimal.

If you want light coverage then I highly recommend this product! It made my face look like dewy and natural.

[4] Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation - Golden Beige. Again I loved the texture and the finish of this foundation. Even though I applied two layers (I had pumped extra foundation by mistake), it did not look cakey at all. The only problem is that I am not yet sold on the color match. I think Golden Beige is just a bit pink/ashy on me. I will use it for some more time and update this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment