Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My everyday face

Work is getting really busy so I have created an everyday routine for myself to cut down the time required to "put my face" on every morning:) Here are the steps that I follow. I have added pictures and links to where you can buy them as well. I really hope this helps!

Step 1: Apply Vit. C serum. I use Avalon Organic Botanicals's Vitamin C Vitality Facial Serum. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant which may repair collagen damage and mitigate the effect of free radicals which damage the skin. This really helps the sunscreen to sink in and be effective (from what I have read).


Step 2: Apply sunscreen. I use La Roche Posay's Anthelios XL in SPF 60+


Step 3: Apply eye cream. I use DERMAdoctor's Wrinkle Revenge Eye


Step 4: Apply foundation. I use MAC Full Coverage Foundation in C40. This is a Pro product ()


Step 5: Apply under corrector. I use Bobbi Brown corrector in Dark Peach. If I am really short on time I use Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage and skip to Step 7 since the BB corrector and concealer routine takes time to apply, blend and set.


See my post on my fav. concealers on tips on how to apply the LM concealer.

Step 6: Apply concealer. I use Make Up Forever's Full Cover Concealer in #10 (Golden Beige) or Lancome's EFFACERNES Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer in Medium Bisque


Step 7. Apply powder to set undereye concealer. I use Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder #2

Step 8: Apply powder to set the face. I use MUFE HD Microfinish Powder
Why do I use two different powders? The MUFE powder was making my undereyes look rather dull. The LM one really brightens the undereye. I really recommend it!


Step 9: Do my eyes. Most days, MAC Brule all over as a wash. Tete-a-tint on lid, Texture in crease, Brown Down in outer V. Line upper lashline and waterline with MAC Blacktrack. Curl lashes with Shu curler. Apply mascara (current fav. Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara)


Step 10: Apply blush. I am totally loving the Bobbi Brown Pot rouges.
Here is my post on my BB pot rouges and swatches.

Step 11: Apply any lipstick/lipgloss

and DONE :):)

Was this post helpful? Do we have any products in common?

4 comments:

  1. I was out of town for a while..and just catching up on all your posts!..

    Yes, we do share some common products..same sunblock..though interested in the Vit C you're using..is it really helping?

    I use Bobbi Brown corrector, but didn't find it works that great on me. I also use the MUFE concealer,because you recommended it in a past post (thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rani

    The Vit C seems to be making my skin much brighter!

    I also use an AHA treatment every other night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! This was VERY helpful bcz it consolidated some great basics and your references to more detailed entries helped guide me as a newbie to more specific info :) Thanx a bunch for breakin it all down.

    The undereye concealer issue is the bane of my exitence so I'm glad I have your technique as a potential plan of attack. Currently, I used to just use mac select cover up - which color-wise was great, but coverage wasn't cutting it. I added Sonia kashuk's concealer/correcter palette but it's not the silver bullet, decent for the price, but tends to get thick/cakey coupled with mac *sigh*. I was going to check out BB's corrector + MUFE full coverage next so your post's been a great ref!

    Also..now i find myself craving more matte e/s from mac! lol they really do add great dimension so you're not jes completely shimmered out.. so the shimmer can be on one focal point.. & my list is huge! lol must stay patient til next FF sale (in hopes it'll actually happen again)

    Sorry that comment was crazy long but i figured you did such a detailed post - so gave me a lot to say :)

    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. hai..
    can u tell me how to buy Avalon Organics Vitamin C Vitality Facial Serum?i'm from terengganu..
    pharmacy hav sold dis item?
    email me at wan_dealova@yahoo.com
    i hav a bad skin face acne and scar..(wan)

    ReplyDelete